- Our Mission: Prince Avenue Christian School's mission is to partner with Christian families to provide scripturally based discipleship while pursuing excellence in academics, fine arts, and athletics from a biblical worldview.
- Our Vision: Guided by God’s Word as our foundation, we aspire to be the preferred choice for Christian families in the greater Athens area by providing a premier college preparatory education.
From Preschool through the Twelfth Grades… Prince Avenue Christian School offers a college preparatory program that promotes traditional Christian values, fosters academics, and actively promotes character training. Established in 1978 as a ministry of Prince Avenue Baptist Church, and located on a new campus in Bogart, Georgia, Prince Avenue serves students in the Athens area, including 15 surrounding counties.
Facts About PACS
- PACS is a ministry of Prince Avenue Baptist Church.
- PACS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit institution and has its own Board of Trustees.
- The Prince Avenue campus consists of 50 acres and over 100,000 square feet of educational space with the addition of the new Wolverine Band Room and Field House.
- Our School is its 39th year, and this is our 11th year on our new campus.
- The entire Prince Avenue campus is completely debt free.
Accreditations & Memberships
Prince Avenue Christian School is fully accredited by the following:
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Current enrollment (Preschool – 12th grade) is 700
- Lower School enrollment (Preschool – 5th grade) is 258.
- Middle School enrollment (6th – 8th grades) is 194.
- High School enrollment (9th – 12th grades) is 248.
- PACS has students from 11 different counties with over 10% minority enrollment.
- Over 120 different churches are represented at PACS.
|Letter Grade||College Prep||AP|
|A||90 - 100||4.0 - 5.0|
|B||80 - 89||3.0 - 4.0|
|C||70 - 79||2.0 - 3.0|
|F||Below 70||0 - 2.0|
Prince is an educational ministry of Prince Avenue Baptist Church and is committed to assisting parents with their God-ordained responsibility of training their children for life.
To assure that our families are in agreement with the intent of our philosophy, we only accept children whose parents are in agreement with our foundational beliefs. In this education alliance, the parents, the school, and church leadership work together to provide quality Christian education as well as an atmosphere where there is a wholesome spirit of grace and truth, always giving Jesus Christ His place as Lord and Savior.
We believe the following:
- Prince Avenue Christian School celebrates the admonition to train a child in the way he should go (Proverbs 22:6). We know this includes a well-balanced and high quality education that is based on a Biblical foundation. Prince Avenue Christian School is a college preparatory program that provides parents and students of the Athens area a distinct Christ-centered, Biblically based education.
- We believe that children are truly a gift from the Lord (Psalms 127:3), so our purpose is to train and inspire our students to obey and live for Jesus Christ in a secular society.
- We believe that all truth is God's truth, whether in social studies, geography, science, math, literature or the arts, and that Jesus Christ and His teachings are central to all le arning and living. Therefore, we strive to prepare our students for life by infusing Biblical values and principles into academic lessons (Proverbs 1:7).
- We believe that obedience is the heart of character training which will cultivate an inner self-control as the student matures. We believe these to be essential to the emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being of each student (Joshua 1:8).
- We believe that the standards of Prince Avenue Christian School are easier to maintain when the students' and parents' attitudes are in agreement with the school's philosophies and policies. This cooperation helps to support the stands we strive to enforce.
- We believe that this type of training will best equip the students for their role in God's plan and for their proper places in society (Philippians 1:27).
- Prince Avenue Christian School believes that in order to provide the best academic and spiritual training, we must make certain exclusions. We, therefore, ch oose not to accept for enrollment students who are not in good standing with the institution in which they are presently and/or previously enrolled, or students who have needs that cannot be met by Prince.
- Scripture promises that if we train a child in the way he should go, when he is old he will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6). It is our vision that the young people at Prince Avenue Christian School will go on to influence their generation for Christ.
Prince Avenue Christian School students are followers of Jesus Christ who are pursuing their purpose for the glory of God, applying knowledge with Godly wisdom, communicating God’s love to others and sharing their God-given resources in biblical ways.
Followers of Jesus Christ are:
- P who are pursuing their purpose for the glory of God as they
- embrace a growing relationship with God
- demonstrate knowledge of Scripture and its relevance to daily life
- yield fruit through the power of the Holy Spirit
- develop a deep sense of personal responsibility before God and others
- articulate and defend the tenets of the Christian faith
- A who are applying knowledge with Godly wisdom as they
- read proficiently and strategically
- demonstrate proficiency in math, science and technology
- think critically and logically
- effectively evaluate and express truths and ideas orally and in writing
- develop and care for their bodies as the temple of the Holy Spirit
- develop an appreciation for the fine arts
- C who are communicating God’s love to others as they
- articulate God’s mission for themselves
- value and act with humility, character, integrity, strength, dignity, and courage
- articulate truth with gentleness and respect
- evangelize and disciple locally and globally
- S who are sharing their God-given resources in biblical ways as they
- recognize and develop talents and passions
- demonstrate a servant’s spirit
- manage and give of their time, energies and financial resources
- develop as leaders and as team members
- understand and minister to their community
Prince Avenue Christian School was established in 1978 as a ministry of Prince Avenue Baptist Church, which was then located in Athens, Georgia. Pastor Bill Ricketts and former children’s minister, Ray Cearley, recognized the need to provide an educational institution that would give students in the Athens area a strong educational foundation based in biblical truth. Using the church’s facilities for classrooms, grade levels and students were added each year, and the first three students graduated in 1986. Ray Cearley served as the school’s founding headmaster, with Charles Bennett following him until William Pevey was appointed to the position in 1991. The curriculum was changed from the PACE system to traditional classroom teaching in 1990.
Prince Avenue Christian School more than doubled in size during Mr. Pevey’s tenure as headmaster, which ended in 2006. Under his leadership, the Minutemen became the Wolverines, and school earned accreditation by the Association of Christian Schools International, and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. The Wolverine athletic teams joined the Georgia High School Association and plans were made to move the school to Oconee County.
Dr. Wendell Murray served as headmaster during the school’s transition to the new campus in 2006, and remained in that position until January, 2008. Following both Mr. Pevey’s and Dr. Murray’s resignations, Rev. David Shivar served as interim headmaster.
Situated on 40 acres in Oconee County, Prince Avenue Christian School has increased its enrollment nearly 50% since moving to the new campus. Danny Howell, served as Head of School for seven years, and the school grew to serve more than 850 students with 115 faculty and staff. In July of 2015, Col Seth Hathaway began his tenure as Head of School.
For over thirty-five years, Prince Avenue has been recognized in the Athens area for its academic distinction in Christian education. With a challenging college prep curriculum, students from pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade learn the knowledge and skills to succeed academically. Prince Avenue Christian School’s primary goal is to inspire young men and women to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ and to challenge them to achieve their highest academic, creative, and athletic potential. In addition, the school’s athletic and fine arts programs have grown and become established as among the best co-curricular programs in the area.
Under Col Hathaway's leadership, the future of Prince Avenue Christian School is very bright, focusing on providing a distinctly Christian college-preparatory education for young men and women who are called to pursue their purpose for the glory of God.
Class of 2018 Post Graduation Video
Click here to see a video highlighting the accomplishments of the class of 2018.
Prince Avenue Christian School Avenue Christian School (PACS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, birth gender, ethnic origin or age in its employment or admissions.